This is the Programme Agenda for the Generation Equality Forum in Mexico
Explore the Programme Agenda for the Generation Equality Forum in Mexico
The Generation Equality Forum Mexico will be held virtually. The plenaries and breakout sessions will be action-oriented spaces to drive awareness around the imperative for action on gender equality, especially in a COVID-19 context. The program is designed around four critical themes:
- Power: The focus of the opening plenary will showcase the power and voice of feminism, diverse civil society, grassroots women and youth. This session will also stress the importance of public engagement and multi-stakeholder partnerships to achieving gender equality within the context of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Crisis and Hope: Structured in breakout sessions, including:
- Thematic Dialogue sessions focused on the structural inequalities and crises that underlie the implementation gaps of the Beijing Platform for Action and its critical areas of concern.
- Resilience and healing spaces for intergenerational and intersectional inspirational dialogue on transformative power.
- Networking spaces to showcase and learn from good practices, advocacy tools, and mobilization experiences and challenges across the world.
- Cultural and creative spaces to promote inclusive citizen engagement.
- Action: Spaces for the leaders of each of the six Action Coalitions and the Board and catalytic Members of the Compact on Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action to share their vision, present the Action Coalition Blueprints, and enhance international mobilization in the drive for global commitments.
- The closing segment will be a stage for civil society to present its Manifesto to the Forum. The closing will also kick off the global Call to Action to drive commitments from Mexico City to Paris.